Sunday, October 26, 2008

40 days and 40 nights

Today marks my last 40 days and 40 mights left here in Luxembourg. I cannot believe it! I celebrated this momentous occasion with My Meyers and hosted 'Colorado Night'. I made hamburgers, mashed potatoes and my moms famous Dump Cake (Mom-we really need t change the name of this dessert-its not a very appetizing name). After dinner I presented my Colorado Power Pont Presentation and finished with dessert and Colorado souvenirs. A quick THANK YOU to My Meyers!! You all have been SO terrific and I have deeply enjoyed being apart of the family for these 6 weeks!

Yesterday my host family made me a special dinner, Raclette. OMGosh let me tell you...this is one amazing dinner. Ill spare the details because you ust experience this-not read about it. They invited family over, Denise and Yok(Claudine's Sister and Brother-in law) and their three boys, and we sat around the table and talked and ate yummy cheeses with lots of different toppings; pineapple, mushrooms, peppers, bacon, onions, shrimp, etc. It has become my favorite Luxembourg dinner!

On Tuesday I go to my second host family, The Albers, in Northern Luxembourg (Boulaide). I am exicted to meet my new family and look forward to the new exciting experiences that the future holds.

Addi(Goodbye in Luxembourgish)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy, but do not forget marketing please www.nfpconsulting.org or www.csrandmanagement.eu
Addy