Monday, November 24, 2008

`America is my country and Pairs is my hometown` Gertrude Stein

I am now at my last IFYE family-The Santer Family. The host parents are, Gilbert(pronounced Jil-Bear) and Annick. Their children are Jose, 14 and Marie-Jo, 13. They live in Bascharage which is in the southern part of Luxembourg-about 15km from France. Upon my arrivel to their home, which took about 4 hours start to finish because we got lost-a lot:) I knew that they wanted to take me to Paris for the weekend. I was, of course so excited for this adventure but little did I know what they really had in store for me. I remember asking them before leaving for Paris-`Should I bring my passport?` They both kind of chuckled and said `I wouldnt bother if anything goes wrong we`ll go to the Embassy`. I thought ok cool so no passport. When we pulled into beautiful Paris and parked near the Luxembourg Embassy I was wandering what was going on. `Oh my brother lives here-he`s the Ambassador!!!` Their home was enormous and so beautiful! I was amazing! I will remember it always. That evening we had champagne and sat around talked. For dinner we had roasted lamb, french beans and noodles followed by a platter of cheese and then, if we needed anymore- a delicious chocalate soufflè. The best part was that almost any window you could look out and see the Eiffel Tower glowing! I was in heaven! The next morning we took the ubway to the famous The Sacré-Cœur Basilica located in the Monmartre District, the highest point in the city. The weather was unusually perfect so perfect photos were taken! After viewing the church we walked around the district to a wonderful part where there were artists painting and lots of cafes full of Parisians sipping their coffee. The ambience was wonderful! After this we went and had lunch at a wonderful bistro in centre Paris.

No comments: