Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Feliz Navidad???

Kinda a strange title huh? Well I feel compelled to write about my wonderful 2 week break that I was fortuante to have with my entire family. My dad, mom and sister met me in Frankfurt on Sept. 4 and later that evening we flew to roma where we stayed for 3 days, then to tok a train to Firenza(Florence) for another 3 days then ended our time with a 9 hour train ride to Paris where we stayed for 4 nights. Currently I am in Otzberg Nieder-Klingen staying with my second host family, The Seeger's! It was so great to see them again! Ich Liebe the Seeger's(I love the Seeger's)

I have seen so much art and learned so much about the history or Europe. Also in every country that i visited I tried my hardest to learn the language so now Im just plain confused)!! In Ital i spoke Deutch, in Paris I spoke Italien and now that Im back in Deutchland I speak French!! HeeHee!! These 2 weeks of vacation has flown by and I cant believe I will be beginning my last stretch in Luxembourg in a few days.

So tomorrow I fly to Barcelona to meet up with a friend from college! Im so excited to see my freind and to be in Barcelona! I will be there 4 nights and then will fly into Luxembourg on the 22nd of September.

For whomever that reads this blog I would strongly encourage everyone to travel because I feel that I have learned so much about how others live and how to interact with a variety of people. I will deeply cherish this time I have spent in Deustchland and sincerely thank all the people who have made this trip possible! A quick shout out to the Colorado IFYE association, Courtney, San Miguel 4-H Council, Edith, Bettina, Pol, Familie Wening, Familie Seeger and Familie Rose-Borsum! Thank you all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you are having such a wonderful time on your IFYE Experience and cannot wait to hear about the rest of it! Live it up as you never know if or when another such opportunity will arise.